*takes a breath*
Okay. Sorry. One sec. Still calming down. Hang on.....
OLEEEEE! Wait. Wrong team.
Okay.... in that case........
HOLY HOCKEY GODS, DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE I WAS TO OVIE? And Pie? And like... the rest of the Caps?!!!!!! LIKE SERIOUSLY? (I just wrote LAICH instead of LIKE. No jokes).
I'm kidding you not, look at my amazing seats courtesy of @nursebobbi1 and her hubby (THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU!).
Yes, that is ICE LEVEL. Excuse me while I go squeal with delight. One row back from the boards. I actually had no idea where my seats would be until I walked into the building. I was like "WUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Was too excited to edit the photos so you'll have to live with dark pictures).
Can we dub this the Caps Group Hug of Wiiiin? CAN WE? CAN WE?
Okay. The game.. it wasn't the prettiest Caps' game in the world, but the point is that they won! Do know how pleased that makes me? VERY. VERY. VERY. VERY PLEASED.
The only slight blemish - and I mean VERY slight - is that the wrong Alex scored two of the Caps four goals. To be fair to A2, he had very pretty Ovie-cool goals. Especially his game tying goal with .6 seconds left in the second period. SO YAAAAAAY A2!
My only pic of A2.
FLASH had the go ahead goal. No pics of Flash. Because... well.... I dunno...I was kinda looking at Ovie...
And... Greener had an assist on...freaking Gleason's SHORTHANDED goal.
He made it up by scoring game winner! Set up very nicely by DC's resident Cutie-PIE.
GREENER. We can't be mad at you when you won the game. I mean.. it's not like Guy Boucher is your coach. Hahaha.....
- Those flipping Leafs continue to mess with me even when I'm in a totally different city, minding my own business. Jiri Tlusty had the first goal for the Whalercanes. You know.... The guy the Leafs traded to the Whalercanes last week or the week before. STUPID LEAFS. I HATE YOU.
- I'm simultaneously amused and slightly annoyed that the Caps think it's cool to show highlights of their guys scoring on my Priceberg on their big screen. If it wasn't Ovie's supposed "goal of the year"(that one against King Hank in the playoffs was waaaaaaay better) against Pricey last year, it was Pie scoring the shootout winner in November (fine, so it was a nice goal). My poor Pricey D:
- Hi Ward! When did you come back? Happy you're all un-injured and all, but it would've been nice if you had let Ovie score a goal, yes?
- Yes, I kinda waved to TK D: He looks so awful in a Whalercanes jersey...............
- Okay so there were these twerpy people in front of us. I won't go on about them but at one point their left their alcoholic drinks on the boards during the game. They provided a perfect example of why you don't leave your drinks on the boards during a game. Whalercane comes up to the boards. Cap smashes said Whalercane into the boards. Alcoholic drinks go spilling everywhere. EP dies of laughter.
- Brind'Amour looks a lot worse close up. I kid you not. Oh and... Pikanen, I'm ashamed to admit, looks pretty good. Minus the Whalercanes jersey, of course.
- Oh and yes.... If Ovie wasn't going to score, the least he could do was smash a Whalercane right? I mean, in a way that would keep him from being suspended of course.... Well, he smashed a Whalercane alright. Into the boards. Right in front of me. Eee! Almost as good as a goal :D
- Pics are here.
To sum it up....
Saw the Hope Diamond. Saw one of the original planes flown by the Wright brothers. Saw Ovie. Trip = success.