EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Friday, December 11, 2009

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

*takes a breath*

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS!

Okay. Sorry. One sec. Still calming down. Hang on.....

OLEEEEE! Wait. Wrong team.

Okay.... in that case........

HOLY HOCKEY GODS, DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE I WAS TO OVIE? And Pie? And like... the rest of the Caps?!!!!!! LIKE SERIOUSLY? (I just wrote LAICH instead of LIKE. No jokes).

I'm kidding you not, look at my amazing seats courtesy of @nursebobbi1 and her hubby (THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU!).

IMG_1124

Yes, that is ICE LEVEL. Excuse me while I go squeal with delight. One row back from the boards. I actually had no idea where my seats would be until I walked into the building. I was like "WUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IMG_1130

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Was too excited to edit the photos so you'll have to live with dark pictures).

IMG_1148
Can we dub this the Caps Group Hug of Wiiiin? CAN WE? CAN WE?

Okay. The game.. it wasn't the prettiest Caps' game in the world, but the point is that they won! Do know how pleased that makes me? VERY. VERY. VERY. VERY PLEASED.

The only slight blemish - and I mean VERY slight - is that the wrong Alex scored two of the Caps four goals. To be fair to A2, he had very pretty Ovie-cool goals. Especially his game tying goal with .6 seconds left in the second period. SO YAAAAAAY A2!

IMG_1117
My only pic of A2.

FLASH had the go ahead goal. No pics of Flash. Because... well.... I dunno...I was kinda looking at Ovie...

And... Greener had an assist on...freaking Gleason's SHORTHANDED goal.

BUT!

He made it up by scoring game winner! Set up very nicely by DC's resident Cutie-PIE.

IMG_1116

GREENER. We can't be mad at you when you won the game. I mean.. it's not like Guy Boucher is your coach. Hahaha.....

IMG_1145

PIEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So yeah.

Random notes:

  • Those flipping Leafs continue to mess with me even when I'm in a totally different city, minding my own business. Jiri Tlusty had the first goal for the Whalercanes. You know.... The guy the Leafs traded to the Whalercanes last week or the week before. STUPID LEAFS. I HATE YOU. 
  • I'm simultaneously amused and slightly annoyed that the Caps think it's cool to show highlights of their guys scoring on my Priceberg on their big screen. If it wasn't Ovie's supposed "goal of the year"(that one against King Hank in the playoffs was waaaaaaay better) against Pricey last year, it was Pie scoring the shootout winner in November (fine, so it was a nice goal). My poor Pricey D: 
  • Hi Ward! When did you come back? Happy you're all un-injured and all, but it would've been nice if you had let Ovie score a goal, yes?
  • Yes, I kinda waved to TK D: He looks so awful in a Whalercanes jersey...............
  • Okay so there were these twerpy people in front of us. I won't go on about them but at one point their left their alcoholic drinks on the boards during the game. They provided a perfect example of why you don't leave your drinks on the boards during a game. Whalercane comes up to the boards. Cap smashes said Whalercane into the boards. Alcoholic drinks go spilling everywhere. EP dies of laughter. 
  • Brind'Amour looks a lot worse close up. I kid you not. Oh and... Pikanen, I'm ashamed to admit, looks pretty good. Minus the Whalercanes jersey, of course. 
  • Oh and yes.... If Ovie wasn't going to score, the least he could do was smash a Whalercane right? I mean, in a way that would keep him from being suspended of course.... Well, he smashed a Whalercane alright. Into the boards. Right in front of me. Eee! Almost as good as a goal :D 
  • Pics are here
To sum it up....

Saw the Hope Diamond. Saw one of the original planes flown by the Wright brothers. Saw Ovie. Trip = success.

6 comments:

Grrrreg said...

Wooo! Oh my god, those seats!!! I can't believe it! Your pics are amazing. This must have been incredible.

I'm glad the canes didn't manage to ruin your game. Too bad Ovie didn't score, but at least you got to hear in person several times the most obnoxious goal horn in the entire nhl! ;)

I'm so happy for you.

Eternal Pessimist said...

Still smiling like an idiot! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

I LOVE that goal horn! Unless it's signalling a goal against one of my Habs' goalies of course.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bobbi said...

Glad you had a good time, EP! We had fun watching you have fun (and watching the Caps win, of course.) You kinda remind me of me back in the day. (The day was in 1970. My AO was Bobby Orr.) But you have the Internet and a flair for witty and insightful observation, and that's what earned you those ice level tickets. You're welcome back any time!

Eternal Pessimist said...

awwwwwwwwww thaaaaaanks =)

It was really awesome! Definitely a great experience that I'm going to remember =)

Dave said...

Looked back at the Ovie goal against King Henry ... and you are right, it WAS better than the (still amazing) one against the Habs.

Dave (Bobbi's hubby)

Eternal Pessimist said...

YAY! Well, you know I'm super biased when it comes to the Habs so.... I'm 100% sure if Ovie had scored the exact same goal on another team, I would love it *G*

Post a Comment