8 things

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

aka random info day!


  1. I have the flu. Or a cold. Or a cold AND the flu. I dunno what I have actually, but I'm siiiiiiick.....Boohoo.

  2. If the Habs don't win tonight it will be a very sad day in Habsland. The Whalercanes are sitting at the BOTTOM of the league for crying out loud....But you know the Habs... if you've got a losing streak, we're more than happy to fix it for you.

  3. Nikita Filatov has gone to Russia. Apparently he asked to be loaned to CSKA and the Blue Jackets complied. I'm kind of surprised to be honest. I know Filatov did not want to play in the AHL (which is fine by me. I don't need him scoring on my Hammies) and he said if he didn't get a lot of time in the NHL, he would look into going back to Russia. Still, I'm surprised that he's actually going back. Oh well. The loan is good for half a year so we'll see what happens.

  4. Now I know why I don't listen to the radio.... Apparently someone called the Habs an AHL team after their dismal loss to the Preds and the guys on the Team 990 considered this is a "huge insult". Yeah, it's an insult alright. It's an insult to the really hard working AHL teams out there. Don't rag on the AHL.

  5. Also... The Team 990 is advocating for the Habs to blow up the team and start from scratch (for real as opposed to just letting half the team walk and resigning new guys). Hate to say it, but the time to go for a top lottery pick was when Gainey first came in. Not now (mind you, it would be pretty sweet to have Taylor Hall). The thing is, I don't think there is a point in drafting good players if you're just going to ruin them by bringing them up to the NHL before they're ready. Not necessarily saying that the Habs do this (well, okay, maybe I am) but I'm not sure I have a ton of faith in the management right now to handle their draft picks (mind you, if they left Guy in Hammie-town and left the players with Guy... now THAT I have faith in).

  6. Speaking of Guy.....I'm really digging Guy's whole idea of not coaching with a system but rather coaching the individual players and building a working relationship with the players. And he digs this whole communication with his players. I'm really thinking the Habs could use some of this philosophy (memo to Habs: this is NOT a plea for you to hire Guy as the Habs coach. Leave him in Hammie-town please).

  7. Is it really obvious yet that I have a major crush on Guy Boucher? Not in THAT way... but I'm totally loving him as the coach of the Hammies...

  8. Speaking of Hammies... the Spec says that Julien BriseBois has a plan in place in the event that the Habs don't send them another player or two for their up coming four game road trip (seeing as the Habs haven't given them another player.... I'm still waiting to see what this plan will be). EDIT: AHAH! So BriseBois was forced to sign a player (thanks Habs). The Hammies just announced that they signed Ryan Kinasewich to a professional tryout contract. He plays with the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL. When do all these college prospects of the Habs get to go to the ECHL so the Hammies would at least have the option of calling up Baby Habs from the ECHL instead of signing random people?

  9. Hey, Taylor Hall is not first in the SUPER early OHL rankings. Tyler Seguin is. Hmm... I'm seriously betting that will change soon though. Oh and a baby Junior (Aubry) is also in the top rankings of the Q players.

0 comments:

Post a Comment