90% - time that the Sabres controlled the puck. Or at least it felt that way anyway.
35 - shots Pricey faced
26:18 - Spacek's total time on ice (most of anyone on both teams)
19 - penalties taken by the Habs and Sabres
17 - shots that Miller faced
3:24 - ice time for Stewie (the least of anyone)
2:42 - time of Gio's awesome OT goal
5 - SOG by Rivet and Hecht
2 - players lost to injury for the Habs
2- goals Moen now has
2 - days since we lost Markov
1 - the loan goal allowed by Price
1 - SOG by the Habs in the 3rd period
1.00 - Gio's batting average (yes, Gio batted the puck into the back of the net in OT)
.6 - the time it took for the Sabres to score on their first PP of the night
And the only numbers that matter in the end: 2-1 - the final score for the Habs.
Quote of the night: "Montreal Canadiens: Ruining home openers everywhere" - Number31
And the Caps...
Ovie scored with the first shot of the night and the Caps finished off the Leafs 6-4. A2, Laich and Morrison also had goals for the Caps. Pie feels all left out. The Caps made Komisarek and Beauchemin look pretty silly for most of the night. So awesome. And Ovie DUMPED Komisaurus on the ice. Smashysmashy
Around the league in 20 seconds (or more considering EVERYONE is playing):
- Peachhawks atoned for their S/O loss to the Panthers the other day and blanked aforementioned Panthers in Helsinki
- Wings almost atoned for their lost stupid loss to the Blues but then they... blew it again and lost. Way to go.
- Luu and the Canucks failed and got blanked by the AVS.
- Boston smashed the Canes. Apparently there was Whalercane blood everywhere.
- Flyers pretty much dumped the Devils
- Crysob ruined the Islanders home opener as the Stanley Cup champs won in.... shootouts... versus last year's dead last team. Oh and yes, Tavares had a goal.
- Clouston joins Wilson in trying to explain what happened to his team as the Sens lost 5-2 to the Rags.
- In games we don't care about: Thrashers, Columbus and Nashville beat the Bolts, Wild and Stars respectively
- Games still going on: Flames lead Oilers 2-1. Oilers had some crazy bagpipe stuff happening in their big opening thingy. Sharks decided to wake up and are beating the Dumb Ducks 4-0 so far. And that team in the desert is beating the Kings