54 rinks in 54 hours

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No not me!!! Although, I might be hitting up four rinks in seven days in February.... I'm talking about this super great cause going on in New Jersey this weekend.

If you're like me, you're probably wondering what the hell you were doing last night sitting in front of the TV watching the Habs snooze away another key game. I headed off to puckdaddy to see if there was anything there worth reading. Turned out there was a lot of crap that wasn't making me feel any less pessimistic about hockey but then I saw this. If you're too lazy to click the link, it's about... well, here, I'll just copy the important bit from puckdaddy:

On Friday, Jan. 29, as part of Hockey Weekend in America, EveryBODY Skates New Jersey will begin an ambitious journey through the Garden State: Visiting all 54 New Jersey ice rinks in 54 hours. The goal is to help convince those rink owners and operators that allocating just one hour of ice time per week to disabled hockey can make an enormous difference for this fledgling program and thousands of potential players across the state.

Obviously I don't play hockey at all, but I really believe it's super important for the people that do play hockey to be allowed to play. ESNJ is asking for the rinks to allow them the opportunity to pay for their rink them. It's easy to get down on pro-hockey sometimes (don't say you haven't gotten fed up with sometimes but you know you have), but hockey is still a great sport that can do a lot of great things for people.

I think this is a super great cause and I wish them the best of luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment