The highlights of the night go to Vesa and Elliot who decided to make Price's little mishap against the Devils look positively half decent. Thanks for making Carey feel better, guys. I know moral victories are supposed to suck, but it's the only type of victory that we're going to get right now.
ANYWAY... while I was simultaneously laughing and feeling bad for Vesa, the Hammies were busy getting another shutout. That would be their fifth in eight games. And yes, that would be Teddy's fourth shutout in five games (and we ALL know that he should have gone five for five, right Guy?).
- Stewie scored! 48 seconds into the game too. And it's his first goal of the year!
- Brrrrrrrock Trotter had a shorty!
- Daaviiiiiiiid! Assists go to his BFFs Trotter and Gluu (hey, wait, I thought Poo was supposed to be on the same line as David and Trotter? I think Guy realized that Gluu was feeling very left out because there is no way that Poo and David can be BFFs because Gluu is David's BFF).
- And it sounds like Maxwell likes scoring when the PA guy is announcing another goal because he scored 21 seconds after. Whoo!
The not so positives (are these bagskate-able offenses?)
- went 0 for 5 on the PP
- got outshot by a huge margin of.... 26 to 23.
- Poo had 1 SOG and a penalty in his Hammies' debut. And he tried to steal Gluu's BFF. THAT is a bagskate-able offense!
- PK sat the game out. I heard he was a healthy scratch but I don't know for sure if this is right. Bottom line is, he didn't play. Come back soon, PK?
And in CHL hockey that nobody really cares about but moi....
- Voltigeurs fell asleep and lost to Gatineau by a score of 6-4. Gatineau went up by four goals before the Voltigeurs decided to not roll over and die. Dumont (OMG Philippe with an assist! and Mr. Ovie of the Q too) and Desnoyers (surprise, surprise, Dumont with the assist!) had two goals before Gatineau scored again. Dummont (gasp, no assist!) and Randazzo (oh Bergeron with an assist) put the Voltigeurs within one before the horrendous looking Olympiques put the game away with an empty netter.
Random thoughts: 1) Gatineau has an ugly jersey but at least we're blessed with mostly good looking jerseys in the Q. This is more than I can say for the OHL. 2) I wonder if Vachon has been demoted from the top line? I thought he was the other night when he was playing with Philippe on the second line, but the lines were all haywire anyway...
- The Peterborough Petes are making me question why I decided to follow them. They're Misshy's team in case you wanted to know. Anyway, Misshy wasn't in nets as they took on the Ottawa 67s. And umm... I don't know how good Misshy's backup is, but he ended up losing the game 8-0. In their defense... well... umm... they played last night? nah, there's no excuse for this type of loss. Not even in the CHL.