okay, I'm going to get sappy for a second here

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Look, we all know that this is only my second time going through free agency. The first time, the only major player that we lost was Streit and I didn't know enough about the Habs to care that much.

This time is different.

This time I've watched these guys for a whole season. Especially after the season that we've had, I feel like they're almost family at this point - sounds silly, but remember I've watched them almost every night, talked and wrote about them every day. I know I say I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens, but in truth, right now, I'm a fan of the guys on the ice. It may sound like a slight difference, but it's totally different as I'm sitting here, less than one hour away from when most of our 2008-2009 Habs are about to walk away as free agents. I know it's all part of the whole thing, but it's still making me sad right now. These are the guys that made me love this team. For me, this guys were the Montreal Canadiens.

I'm sure I'll get over this at some point, but right now, I'm just sad....

0 comments:

Post a Comment