What's beyond "beyond awful"?

Thursday, November 13, 2008

For the past half an hour I've been trying to come up with a good way of starting this off. I couldn't think of one so I'll give you all three that I came up with. 1) I will not hear of anyone saying that the Habs aren't consistant. Surely no one will doubt that we're consistantly up and down like a roller-coster. 2) I have no idea how Carbo is going to describe this one. Surely this has to be worse than the "most embarassing game" he's ever coached on Saturday. I mean, how do you go from losing 6-3 (which was awful) to winning 4-0 (which was great) to losing 6-1? Your guess is as good as mine. 3) There's just no words to describe how badly it went tonight. That never stopped me though.

Get the picture, yet? Anyway, moving on to the actual game...let's just say from the very first minute, it was sadly apparent that the Habs were going to die tonight. There was nothing there. If I hadn't known any better I would have said that the Habs turned into the Islanders on a bad* night en rout to Boston. It was like a totally different team on the ice tonight. Defense was dead, ofense didn't do a heck of a lot, and Price....he was pretty awful tonight too. Usually I'm pretty lenient towards Price, because I generally think he does a good job while everyone else seems to die. But tonight, he's to blame just as much. There were a few awful goals that he really should have had but didn't. I have no idea what happened other than Boston came out like a team that had something to prove - which they did, considering they hadn't beat the Habs in the regular season in over a year- and Montreal played like a team who partied too much after the shutout against the Sens. The result was a pathetic 6-1 win by the Bruins. I mean, the Habs seemed to hardly touch the puck all night. According to the stats however, they did register 28 shots on goal or something to that effect (felt like only 2 shots from my angle).

I'm so glad I'm not Carbo right now...or anyone else on the team...

*lets face it, the Islanders have been good when they have a good night.

Oh and...Pittsburgh won against Philadelphia in a gazillion rounds of shootouts... thank you, Pittsburgh...even though I was ready to kill you when it looked like you were losing against the Flyers...

And... yeah... i'm sounding like a broken record but I'm dying here and saying this makes me feel better: Please win Roger....!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment