Okay. It's official. This week stinks.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Let's pretend that Monday is part of last week shall we? (Hey, I warned you that I would get semi-incoherent!). So asuming that we're still part of last week, let's review how my sports week went last week.

  • It started with the Champions League (football stuff). After a promising start, Chelsea then promptly died and got demolished by Roma 3-1. Chelsea's goal came way after Roma had scored a pile of times. I somehow missed Chelsea scoring their only goal which was kinda sad for me. At least they're still on top of their group. While I seem to remember that Real Madrid played the same day as Liverpool, ESPN is telling me otherwise, so I guess I completely got things muddled up in the course of everyone doing terribly. But anyway... You would think that if you follow three teams your chances of at least one of them winning is pretty high, yeah? I mean c'mon, it's not like I'm rooting for Tottenham or anything...Well, Real Madrid and Liverpool decided to defy the odds and prompty not win.

    Real Madrid played a rather uninspiring game and lost (again) to Juventus which puts them in a not so nice distant second in their group. Liverpool missed out on a pile of chances to score and just as it looked like they were going to lose 1-0 to Atletico Madrid, they were awarded a penalty kick which, in all fairness, should not have been called but I'm not going to get into that. There were plenty of other penalties that the ref should have called and didn't, and he calls one that shouldn't have been called. The result was Liverpool scored and finished the game 1-1. They are in second to Atletico only on what I believe is goal differences. I guess I should be happy with the tie.

    Edit: Apparently Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid won in their league things over the weekend. Chelsea beat Blackburn 2-0, Liverpool beat West Brom something rather 3-0 and Real Madrid came up with a 4-3 win which apparently was an exciting game. I'm sure I would be feeling a whole lot better about it if I had actually seen them play *curses TV that only plays American football right now* Gah.....
  • As disappointing as that was I figured, hey, at least I can look forward to hockey. Montreal should be able to win no problem against Colombus and Toronto. Well, we all know how those games went so I'm not going to rant further on them. *rips out hair anyway* I mean c'mon.... it's TORONTO for crying out loud...*wails*
  • To top off the wonderfully lame week, tennis has gone completely the way I didn't want it to go. del Potro and Tsonga lost to Djokovic and Davydenko. I'm not a big Tsonga fan but I was hoping he would do better. And this morning I learned that Federer died against Simon. After taking the first set, apparently Mr. World No. 2 forgot how to play and made a pile of errors which resulted in the French dude who shouldn't be there, winning. So now Mr. Federer has a huge mountain to climb if he wants to get out of the group stage and into the semi-finals. Do I need to mention that if he doesn't make it this would be the first time that he hasn't made it in six years? I'm doing my best not to think of the posibility of Federer not making it past the group stage. I'm really trying but it's hard not to. He's going to have to beat Roddick and Murray and to beat Murray right now he's going to have to play his best tennis. Oh, and of course Murray beat Roddick and that just made the whole thing depressing. That was a given though....at least Roddick won a set though...quite nicely too. Maybe Murray will play like that against Federer *hopes* I can always hope, right? Right. As improbable as it might be, it's entirely possible. Yeah... *keeps telling herself that*

    Before anyone starts bashing me for saying that about Murray, let me just say, I have a lot of respect for him a player. I think he's great right now and he's only going to get better. That being said, I still want Federer to win because it would be totally awsome for him to win five of those things, and plus, he needs to win something this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment