We scored a goal! We scored a goal! Whooo!
In note form because... because.
- There was a lineup to get into the rink. For a flipping scrimmage. Practice started at 10 and they let people into the rink an hour later. The lineup probably strarted at least at 9. I suggested we donate some of these lovely fans to Phoenix.
- As much as this pains me to say, Mayer is way better glove side than Jaro. Only thing is, he's kinda shakey blockerside so I guess we're almost even.
- Gomer had fun scoring on Mayer during the practice. Now show up during the regular season, please.
- I like Bennett.
- I'm now Calling Cammalleri "Squishy" because Cammalleri sounds like calamari which I could never remember if it was octopus or squid. It's one of those squishy beasties. So anyway, that's why Cammy is Squishy now.
- Patches was on the warpath smashing everyone that was silly enough to get too close to the boards. Actually, he's been doing that for the past two weeks. We get it, you have something to prove, but please don't injure anybody before the season has actually started!
- Sanford... well... he did well until Patches came along and just ripped the puck past him. Err actually, that would be over him. Sanford went splat trying to stop it and Patches went over his head. Epic fail for poor Sanford.
- Turtle-Pleky hates me and wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a decent photo of him...
- Actually Metro - who was practicing with Team A when the B-C scrimmage was over, kept hiding along the side of the boards. I swear if I didn't know any better, i'd say he was hiding deliberately from me. BOO.
- On the bright side, Patches stayed put along enough for a decent photo as did Stewie who was wandering around with Team A. Finally!
- Pricey has a new tactic for keeping the opposing side from scoring on him: hug the guy in front of you so he can't move. Seriously. I didn't get a pic, but Metro seemed to think it was funny. And he was the one getting hugged. Okay then....
- More pictures are here. And yes, I swear these guys notice when you stick a big camera in their direction. Buhh.