For the most part, it was pretty sad. Michalek got a goal within the first three mins whilst the Sens were on the PP (something that they seemed to be on for quite a while in the first period). Second period picked up slightly with Nielson getting into a couple of fights. Seriously, I'm trying to find how exactly where we got this guy from..... Skip forward to Ben Maxwell's AWESOME goal and yeah, it was really time to break out the cider. So pretty. So awesome. I love Maxwell. Well, I loved him as a Hammie and yeah.... moving on to more cider and more PPs and more missed chances and.... just when I was pleading with the Habs to end the game so I could go home at a decent hour, guess who scores?
So really most of the newbies have scored/been part of goals on the last two games. So. Cool.
Patches and Turtle-Pleky were a little sad not have goals but hey, there's plenty of time in the REAL season to do this, yes? Yes.
While I'm not really jumping up and down too much - hey, as lovely as it is to see hockey on TV again, it's still a pre-season game - I'm still happy for the boys! hockeyhockeyhockeyhockey!
In other news
- Leafs trade away their first round picks for the next three years and a second round pick to nab Kessel. They then feel motivated to make a go of it against the Pens and beat them 3-2. Or 4-3. Or something with a 3 in it.
- Panthers got blanked by the Oilers. Clearly, pre-season games aren't their thing.
- The Blues decimated the Avs 6-2. Ow. A baby Junior goalie was in nets for part of that game too!
- Phoenix is beating Anaheim. Derp. Derp. Derp.
- I don't really care about anyone else right now
- JUNIORS BEAT THE......FOREURS! 6-5. In OT. Hrm. Can we say "scoring fest"??! What were they doing putting Berube in there?! He just got back from the LA training camp. Guuh.
On a whole: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! HOCKEY!