I hate cloudy weather

Friday, March 6, 2009

Makes my brain fog up and my knees hurt. Anyway, got bored and saw these random questions by Mike Boone on Habs Inside/Out and decided to answer them.

• Do you seriously see your Montreal Canadiens as a Stanley Cup contender? I don't see MY Habs as contenders, no. Which is why we're all going to watch Ovechkin and the Caps.

• In these troubled times, how much of your equity would you bet on them making the playoffs? Your house? Your devalued stock portfolio? $5 ... but only if you got good odds? I'd bet two stinky socks that they'd make it to the playoffs. I don't like to bet.

• WWND? What would Nilan do if opponents roughed up his most talented teamate and ran his goaltender? .....trying to remember who the Nilan dude is.... Whatever.. if I was a player and someone ran over my goalie I'd probably make sure that guy went off the ice on a stretcher.... then again, I'd be the type of player who makes Briere look like a giant so maybe I wouldn't be hitting anybody....

• What ails Carey Price? Did he catch it from Mike Komisarek? And has it spread to Andrei Kostitsyn? Price is suffering from rare decease called "Toskalaitise". Well, maybe it's not so rare. Biron, Niittymaki and Osgood are probably suffering from it too. With Vesa out for the season now, maybe he can stop spreading it around now. As for Komisarek and Andrei...who knows... Komisarek is probably stuck in a "I suck at times and I'm afraid to suck even so I suck even more because I do stupid things" cycle. And Andrei is probably suffering from a total lack of motivation...

• Who is most likely to energize a troubled team, Bill Guerin or Alex Tanguay? Don't (err didn't) watch the Islanders so have no clue who the Guerin guy is, but I'd be willing to bet that he'd be more helpful than Tanguay in that department...

• Were the Canadiens who weren't traded relieved or disappointed? Depends. Some wanted to go and didn't, some didn't want to go and were told that they could go and they didn't... so...

• If Jaro Halak falters, can we start dreaming about John Tavares? Nope. Islanders will have him. He'd look good as an Islander, I think.

• On the morning after a loss and a plane trip, would you bag-skate 39-year-old Mathieu Schneider, who played 24 minutes the night before, 38-year-old Patrice Brisebois, 34-year-old cancer survivor Saku Koivu and 36-year-old Alex Kovalev? For the first two, no, I wouldn't because that's senior abuse and it's illegal to abuse seniors... The other two, yeah, I'd skate 'em around for a while.

• Is there another team in the National Hockey League that has a forward coaching the defencemen and defencemen playing forward? Good question... Without wasting time looking it up, I'd be inclined to say no...

• Is it true you're allowed to call timeout in hockey games? Oh so that's what the teams are doing when they all gather around their coaches...... Ah... It's a timeout... I thought they were having a party.

• Is it true you're allowed to make in-game adjustments? Not if you're the Habs. You shake up the lines BEFORE the game and even if they suck beyond belief, you keep them as is until the end of the game.

• If his name were not Guy Carbonneau, would he still be coaching the Montreal Canadiens? That's like asking "if Wayne Gretzky wasn't Wayne Gretzky would he still be coaching the Coyotes?". The answer is the same: No. At least we can say that Carbo has been better than Gretzky though...

• If his name were not Bob Gainey, would he have the best job security – outside of maybe Gary Bettman – in the NHL? What else would you call Bob Gainey? For the most part, I like what Bob's done.

• Who'll play better on Sunday, Mike Ribeiro or Steve Bégin? Begin.

And finally: Which Montreal Canadiens will we see tonight? I fear we'll see the February Habs tonight....

0 comments:

Post a Comment