Okay listen up, Habs....

Saturday, January 17, 2009

You need to win tonight. Okay? No "ifs", "ands" or "buts". You need to win and put this little winning streak of the Senators to an end. Right now. I want a resounding win that will show those Senator fans just how much their team stinks. Please, please, don't die on me just because the Sens supposedly stink. No one ever said that a team can't win 10-0. Seriously. My concern with you guys is that you won't try while the Sens will try really hard to get something going. I dont' want to see that. You have WAY more talent. And Halak can SO beat that newbie that they've pulled up. Just score, score, score, and keep Heatley/Spezza/Alfredsson away from Halak. And stay away from Ruutu unless you want to end up as a snack.

TEEEEEENNIIIIIIISSSS

While it was really nice to see Federer cream Wawrinka, I'm really tired now....But anyway, while I was either not paying attention or was asleep there's some good news on the Argentina tennis front:

1) Del Potro beat out Sam Querrey 6-4, 6-4. I actually saw about two seconds of the match but the point I saw was Delpo getting his serve broken...Apparently the first set went "Delpo breaks serve. Delpo gets serve broken. Delpo breaks serve again. And again. End of first set." Second set saw more breaks as Querrey broke twice and Delpo broke three times. Well, a win is a win but Delpo's going to need to work on holding serve.

2) David Nalbandian won! I was sound asleep throughout the entire match (hey, it was 3:30 in the morning for me) so I missed it. Amazingly, he kept his focus and beat Jarkko Nieminen 6-3, 6-7(9), 6-2. Sounds like that second set was quite the barnburner. That's good for David and now I hope that he continues this good form into Melbourne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jarkko Nieminen? Is that some awful combination of ghosts of Penguins past?

Eternal Pessimist said...

Lol, no. This guy doesn't bite people *g*

Post a Comment