Sometimes we all need to grow up

Friday, January 30, 2009

Myself included. I admit that I was upset by another crappy loss by the Habs. Quite upset. But then I read this article in Gazette this morning. In case you're too lazy to go look, it's about a man named David who has terminal cancer. His doctors have given him 3 to 8 months to live. He was originally from Nova Scotia (he lives in the Yukon right now) and has been an avid fan of the Habs his entire life. Thanks to the support of his community and RDS, tomorrow and Tuesday he will be at the Bell Center to see the Habs play.

I had to pause when I read that. It made me feel bad for being upset over a game. I have so much to be happy and thankful for right now and I spent most of my night b****ing about the Habs losing (and that after giving a lecture on not being obsessed about them). Barring something really tragic, I've got the rest of my life to watch the Habs play (among other things). Chances are still fairly good that I'll live to see them win Stanley Cup number 25. David, I hope you enjoy your time in Montreal and at the games no matter what the outcome of them may be.

Oh and... If I've remembered correctly, I believe tomorrow there will be another fan from Newfoundland at the game. It's his first time seeing the Habs live and the first time he will be at the Bell Center. I'll see if I can find that article too...that was kind of neat to read about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment