So I go away for a few hours and...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Andy Roddick's already through into the next round and the Habs send down Marc Denis. Well actually, I think I'm late to the party on the Denis news but whatever *g* As for Roddick...that was quick. He flattened his opponent, Bjorn Rehnquist - 6-0,6-2, 6-2.

I know I'm late with the predictions and wishes and all but I'll give 'em anyway before too many more people start hammering their opponents...
  • I still think that the top 4 will be in the semis. I know this tournament is rife with upsets but I think given how these guys have been doing and/or should be doing, they'll be in the semis.
  • Murray's making the finals and like I already predicted, he will win. I'm hoping to be proven wrong here.
  • The young guys like Del Potro and Cilic will make some noise.
  • Gilles Simon will be upset by someone
  • Tsonga won't be repeating last year's success
  • Richard Gasquet will continue to under-achieve.....
  • Nadal will be the last Spanish guy standing by the quarter finals
  • Nalbandian just might come out playing like he should be and start winning some good matches
  • Or Nalbandian will come out and be the biggest underachiever since Richard Gasquet and lose in the first round
  • Djokovic and Roddick will play each other again
  • Djokovic is going to have some serious issues. Mainly concerning his racquet but also he'll be having a hard time with the pressure of being the defending champion
  • Someone in the Djokovic camp will say something that will upset someone
  • Wawrinka won't be playing Federer. Sorry Stan!
  • Federer will get even more annoyed that he is not the undisputed favorite this time around
  • Federer will also display some emotion (oooo!)
  • The heat will get to someone
  • Gilles Muller is going to play Del Potro in the third round and give him a run for his money. I'm sorely tempted to say that Muller may just beat Delpo too....
  • David Ferrer won't be making the quarter finals
  • I will miss Federer/Nadal and Djokovic playing for most of the tournament because the timezone difference makes it impossible to see them
Habs sending down Denis means we will either see some really random guy come up and act as Halak's backup or else Price is actually coming back this week. I sincerely hope it's the latter.

Alright......I meant to mention a couple of interesting things about the Penguins before but I forgot... can you blame me?
  1. They blanked the Rangers today 3-0. Most accounts agree that the Rangers weren't very good today but Fleury came up with some good saves to earn his shutout. Penguins still haven't dumped their third jerseys and actually wore them today for their win....
  2. Penguins made a weird trade that sent Dany Sabourin, an AHL player (Ryan Stone) and a 4th round pick in 2011 to the Oilers for goalie Mathieu Garon. So drop an okay goalie from Quebec along with an AHL player and a draft pick for another okay goalie from Quebec? This is the part where I wonder why all the okay goalies seem to be from Quebec and what the whole point of that trade was..... I will ponder this more as I go to sleep and continue to dream of an incredibly lame Senators team inbetween thoughts of the Habs decimating the Thrashers.....Sounds like a good dream.... Bwahahahahaha......

0 comments:

Post a Comment