I know the Thrashers are in like 29 place....

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...Anyone want to reassure me that they'll actually play like a bottom ranked team and that the Habs will play like the top ranked team that they are? If anyone remembers, on Saturday, the Thrashers were the 7-2 winners over the Nashville Predators and the Habs were the 5-4 winners of a shootout win over the stinky Senators. Yes, I'm still griping over that shootout win mainly because I can't stand Sens fans gloating....Anyway, if the Habs learned their lesson like I'm hoping they will then they should take away two much needed points in regulation time without too much trouble. I'm trying desperately to ignore what happened last time these two teams met back in December. Habs were about 6 minutes away from a shutout and boom! Thrashers score three goals in under a minute and add another one later. Grrrr...... Too bad the same stinky Sens are about to give away two points to the Caps tonight...Boohoo....

Halak gets the start again tonight but maybe the Habs will be motivated to see the Price sitting as backup (apparently he's getting the start tomorrow in New Jersey)? And maybe just maybe the other guys will be motivated to get to work knowing that Koivu and Higgy will be around too?

Random notes on random things....
  1. Despite the truly ugly shirt, Rafa won against some poor guy from Belgium (who if I remember correctly, also lost in the Davis Cup thing against either Roger or Stan) while I was asleep last night. 6-0,6-2, 6-2. That's much better than his start to the US Open *coughs*
  2. Murray got it easy when his opponent retired after being down a set and a break. lucky Murray.
  3. Happy belated birthday to Mike Komisarek! He turned 27 yesterday and I forgot to mention it mainly because I only found out today *G* I find it hilarious that he's the same age as Federer and no one's acting like he's about to go off and die......
  4. Things are heating up here for the All Star thing. Despite contributing to the ballot stuffing (in all honesty, I think I only voted about 10 times in all) I wasn't that hyped about it but it's getting hard not to get a little excited about it. Okay chuck that, I'm really hyped about it. I intend on staying as far away from downtown as possible for the weekend - what? You think I'm taking out a bank loan to go see it live?! Yeah right! - but I'm still hyped about it. Should be at least an entertaining way to spend the weekend and it will at least keep my mind off of Roger and co down under for a little bit. Yay!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really hoping the same thing, and I do indeed expect that they'll have an extra 'umph' to there step because Price is back.

Post a Comment